While Millennial Choirs & Orchestras was founded in 2007, the Utah Valley locale (UVMCO) is entering its third season. Registration (for youth) and audition sign-ups (for adults) for fall 2015 is now open.
To gain a better understanding of MCO, please browse this website, particularly the About MCO section, including the Ensemble Overview and Participation Info pages. We also encourage you to listen to MCO’s four albums on iTunes, three of which landed in the top 3 of Billboard Magazine’s Traditional Classical Chart: To Be American; O Holy Night; Messiah in America; and That Easter Morn.
MCO PARTICIPANT HANDBOOK
WASHINGTON, DC “GOD & COUNTRY TOUR”
The D.C. tour will be an unprecedented experience and opportunity for MCO. Here are the things participants need to know in order to start making plans:
Tour Dates: June 22-25, 2016
- Which ensembles are invited? Symphony Orchestra, Grand Chorus, Concert Choir, Youth Chorus, and Children’s Chorus from all 5 locales: Texas, Idaho, Utah, California, and Arizona. We will include Young Singers Chorus if we see a very solid amount of Young Singers signed up to attend, but if it’s only a few, we will not include Young Singers Chorus on the tour performances and activities.
- Sign-up: We will open up a “Tour Sign-Up” to begin assessing how many individuals are planning on attending in the choirs and orchestras from all locales. Participants will receive an email about this in the coming weeks.
- Travel/Accommodations: Each individual is responsible for his/her own travel and accommodations.
- Hotel Group Rates: MCO is currently looking into group rates at select hotels.
- Youth: All youth ages 4-18 will be accompanied by a parent/guardian. MCO will not assume responsibility or guardianship for any participants, including minors.
- Will there be a “youth tour group” like we’ve done in the past? NO. All youth must be accompanied by a parent/guardian, and each youth will be the sole responsibility of their parent/guardian.
- Recording: We will be combining all 5 locales to professionally record MCO’s 5th album! This album will be different than any of our past albums, and it will be a very special piece of sacred art.
- Requirement: In order to participate in the D.C. tour, you must participate for both semesters, September – April. Similarly to our Dallas tour and ACDA National performance, we will be incorporating tour music into our rehearsals beginning in September. Those who join in January will not be able to join us on tour. Those who choose to participate in semester 1, then skip semester 2, will not be able to join us on tour. You must participate for the entire season (semesters 1 and 2) if you wish to join us on tour.
“FULL SEASON DISCOUNT” FOR ALL CHOIRS
The new “Full-Season Discount” is the most affordable way to participate in the MCO Youth Choirs and Grand Chorus. Information below:
- Because of the requirement to participate all season if you wish to attend the D.C. tour, MCO has created the “Full-Season Discount” as a benefit to help you save on costs.
- The Full-Season Discount requires you to participate for the entire season, September-April.
- Full-season registrants will register once (this May) for the entire coming season. You will not have to re-register in December.
- Full-season registrants have the option to pay for the entire season upfront; or make monthly payments over a period of 3 months (May-July), or over a period of 10 months (May-February).
2015-2016 SEASON REGISTRATION & AUDITIONS
REGISTRATION: Open registration is for youth ensembles (ages 4-18). No audition is necessary. Click the link at the bottom of this page to register youth.
- Full Season Discount registration: May 4 – May 31. Those who register during this period commit to the entire season, and take advantage of the most affordable tuition price.
- Regular registration: June 1 – August 31. Those who sign up during this period are signing up for 1st semester only (September – December) at the normal registration price.
- Final registration: September 1 – September 14. Those who sign up during this period are signing up for 1st semester only (September – December) at the increased registration price.
AUDITIONS: The Grand Chorus (adults) and Symphony Orchestra are audition only. Click the link at the bottom of this page to receive audition information and to sign up for an audition.
2015-2016 SEASON CALENDAR
IMPORTANT DATES: 1st Semester runs from September through the concert on December 14, 2015; 2nd Semester runs from late January through the concert in April 2016 (date TBA).
Choral ensembles rehearse weekly on Thursdays throughout each semester. Details and times are below. The orchestra rehearses on a few select dates TBD.
3:45 – 4:30 pm Young Singers Chorus Age 4 by the first rehearsal of the semester through 1st Grade
4:20 – 5:30 pm Children’s Chorus Grades 2 – 5 (homeschool at least age 7 by September 1)
5:10 – 6:30 pm Youth Chorus Grades 6 – 8 (homeschool at least age 11 by September 1)
5:10 – 7:15 pm Concert Choir Women Grades 9 – 12 (homeschool at least age 14 by September 1)
6:15 – 7:15 pm Concert Choir Men Grades 9 – 12 (homeschool at least age 14 by September 1)
7:30 – 10:00 pm Grand Chorus Accomplished adult singers 18 & over
TUITION/FEES PER SEMESTER & ATTIRE COSTS
|ENSEMBLE||AGE/GRADE LEVEL||TUITION/FEES||ATTIRE (EST. COST)|
|Young Singers Chorus||age 4 – 1st grade||$115||Girls $30 Boys $30|
|Children’s Chorus||2nd – 5th grade||$145||Girls $35 Boys $40|
|Youth Chorus||6th – 8th grade||$175||Girls $60 Boys $45|
|Concert Choir Girls||9th – 12th grade||$175||Girls $70|
|Concert Choir Boys||9th – 12th grade||$145||Boys $95|
|Grand Chorus||age 18 and up||$50||Women $120 Men $110|
|Symphony Orchestra||Accomplished Instrumentalists||$0||Concert Black (purchase on your own)|
Scholarships are available for those with legitimate financial hardships. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Monthly payment plans are also available and can be arranged as part of the online registration process.
Why are UVMCO Concerts held at Abravanel Hall in SLC? - One of the trademarks of MCO is that we perform in state-of-the-art concert halls in our communities. Abravanel Hall is one of the renowned concert halls in the western United States, and is the premier concert hall in the state of Utah.
How does MCO maintain such a light schedule? - Another trademark of MCO is its ability to maintain a light rehearsal and performance schedule while at the same time achieve a professional level of education and produce top-notch performances. This allows busy individuals and families the experience of participating in a world-class choir and orchestra without consuming their lives. This is made possible by the highly effective rehearsals run by MCO’s musical directors, the massive team of volunteers working behind the scenes, and the thousands of participants who are devoted to MCO’s mission and purpose.
How did MCO grow so quickly in such a short period of time? - In addition to the opening of Utah and Texas locations last fall, California now has 650 participants, and Arizona has 1300, and growing. There are three main reasons for this exciting growth: 1. Word of mouth; 2. A high quality, high energy, inspiring music program that changes lives for good; and 3. An expansive team of volunteers who clearly understand and support the great mission and purpose of MCO. The general purpose of Millennial Choirs & Orchestras is to build and elevate the quality of classical and sacred music in the community. MCO’s music unites, heals, and inspires. This is already happening every week in Arizona, California, Utah and Texas, and the outcome is astounding! We welcome musicians of all faiths and backgrounds, and encourage the Utah Valley community to unite with us in creating an unprecedented music education and performance experience for people of all ages. We remain ever true to MCO’s important motto: All Ages. All Faiths. One Voice.