Orange County Millennial® Choirs & Orchestras
For residents of Orange County and surrounding areas. The Orange County, California, locale (OCMCO) is now in its 14th season.
REGISTRATION & AUDITIONS
Please read the IMPORTANT INFORMATION and REHEARSAL SCHEDULE sections below prior to registering. Additional details may be found on the FAQ’s page.
To gain a better understanding of MCO, please read the About MCO section, including the Performing Ensembles and Participation Info pages. We also encourage you to visit our YouTube channel or listen to one of our six albums.
REGISTRATION: Participation in youth ensembles (ages 4–18) does not require an audition. Participation in the Grand Chorus or Symphony Orchestra requires an audition (see Auditions below). (Auditing the Grand Chorus is available if you do not wish to participate in any performances; please register for the MCO Across America locale instead of this one.)
- Registration for all choir ensembles for Part 2 of THIS semester opens April 2 and closes May 7. Those who registered for Part 1 are already enrolled in Part 2 and do not need to re-register. Participants joining for Part 2 will have to pay the full semester’s tuition/fee and will not have access to the seven video sessions from Part 1. Any new youth are welcome to join, but adults wishing to join the Grand Chorus or Symphony Orchestra must have previously participated in MCO and must submit an audition video by April 14.
- Early-bird registration for the full 2021–2022 season (both 1st & 2nd Semesters) for all youth and continuing Grand Chorus members opens April 2 and runs through April 30. It offers a 10% discount, with three-payment and full-payment options.
- Regular 1st semester youth choirs registration for the 2021–2022 season opens May 1 and closes the Monday following the first rehearsal of the semester. It offers full-payment and three-payment options. Late registration will incur an additional tuition cost of $20.00 per choir.
- Regular 1st semester Grand Chorus registration for the 2021–2022 season opens May 1 and closes the Monday following the first rehearsal of the semester. It offers full-payment and three-payment options. Late registration will incur an additional cost of $20.00.
- Regular 1st semester Symphony Orchestra registration for the 2021–2022 season opens May 1. Although there is no fee to participate, all Symphony Orchestra participants must register so that we can keep accurate rosters.
GRAND CHORUS AUDITIONS: Placement in the Grand Chorus (adults) is by audition only. Auditions for Part 2 of this semester are open to prior MCO participants only; the video submission deadline is April 14. New participants may request an audition for the upcoming 2021–2022 season. Submit an audition request at the link below. Continuing participants do not need to re-audition; they may simply register.
SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA AUDITIONS: Placement in the Symphony Orchestra (all ages) is by video audition only. Auditions for Part 2 of this semester are open to prior MCO participants only. New participants may request an audition for the upcoming 2021–2022 season. Submit an audition request at the link below. Continuing participants do not need to re-audition; they may simply register.
2nd SEMESTER CALENDAR — Part 2
All dates, plans, and timelines are subject to change:
- REHEARSALS: Weekly Thursday in-person rehearsals begin on May 6. There will be six rehearsals. A detailed schedule is available for registered participants. Pre-recorded video rehearsals will be made available via email beginning April 29 to accommodate those who are not comfortable meeting in person.
- CONCERT: All of MCO will combine for an in-person, outdoor concert with evening performances on June 18 & 19 in the outdoor arena at the Spanish Fork Fairgrounds in Utah. The concert is open to all participants (including MCO Across America) who sign up by the deadline. Information about signing up is coming soon. Participants are responsible for their own travel and accommodations and must be in Utah County by Friday morning for a concert rehearsal, then available all day Friday and Saturday. There will not be a video participation option. MCO’s approved formal concert attire is required if you are planning to come to the in-person patriotic concert in June.
2021–2022 SEASON CALENDAR
Assuming COVID-19 restrictions continue to be lifted, MCO plans to return to in-person rehearsals and concerts in the 2021–2022 season.
Tentative dates (subject to change):
- 1st Semester 1st Rehearsal: late August/early September
- 1st Semester Run-Through and Concerts: TBD
- 2nd Semester 1st Rehearsal: mid-January
- 2nd Semester Run-Through and Concerts: TBD
- Summer 2022: Youth Tour (more details to come)
NOTE: The rehearsal times listed below are a modification of our regular rehearsal times. There will also be slight additional modifications to the schedule beginning this fall. Please stay tuned for updates.
Choral ensembles rehearse weekly on Thursdays throughout each semester. Details and times are below. The Symphony Orchestra rehearses on a few select dates TBD.
Young Singers Chorus
Age 4 by the first rehearsal of the semester through 1st Grade
Grades 2–5 (homeschool at least age 7 by September 1)
Grades 6–8 (homeschool at least age 11 by September 1)
Concert Choir Women
Grades 9–12 (homeschool at least age 14 by September 1)
Concert Choir Men
Grades 9–12 (homeschool at least age 14 by September 1)
Accomplished adult singers 18 & over
Rehearsals are held at Laguna Country United Methodist Church, 24442 Moulton Pkwy, Laguna Woods, CA 92637.
MCO Participant Handbook
For MCO’s general policies, expectations, tuition costs, attire costs, and all other information, please download and read the MCO Participant Handbook.
Tuition / Fees Per Semester & Attire Costs
Scholarships are available for those with legitimate financial hardships. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Payment plans are also available and can be arranged as part of the online registration process.
MCO may offer a new T-shirt for the 2021–2022 season. T-shirt ordering is now closed for the current season.
|Ensemble||Age / Grade Level||Tuition / Fees||Attire (Est. Cost)|
|Young Singers Chorus||age 4–1st grade||$125||Girls $32–38, Boys $43–54, plus $12–15 for an MCO t-shirt|
|Children’s Chorus||2nd–5th grade||$155||Girls $37–43, Boys $43–54, plus $12–15 for an MCO t-shirt|
|Youth Chorus||6th–8th grade||$185||Girls $62–77, Boys $52 (larger sizes extra), plus $12–15 for an MCO t-shirt|
|Concert Choir Women||9th–12th grade||$185||Women $65–80, plus $12–15 for an MCO t-shirt|
|Concert Choir Men||9th–12th grade||$155||Men $107 (larger sizes extra), plus $12–15 for an MCO t-shirt|
|Grand Chorus||Age 18 and up||$60||Women $130–148, Men $107 (larger sizes extra), plus $12–15 for an MCO t-shirt|
|Symphony Orchestra||Accomplished Instrumentalists||$0||Concert black (purchase on your own), plus $12–15 for an MCO t-shirt|