East Valley Millennial® Choirs & Orchestras
For residents of East Valley and surrounding areas. The East Valley, Arizona, locale (EVMCO) is now in its 12th season.
REGISTRATION & AUDITIONS
For a summary of information about this semester, please see the other sections below. More details may be found on the FAQ’s page.
To gain a better understanding of MCO, please read the About MCO section, including the Performing Ensembles and Participation Info pages. We also encourage you to visit our YouTube channel or listen to one of our six albums.
REGISTRATION: Participation in youth ensembles (ages 4–18) does not require an audition. Participation in the Grand Chorus or Symphony Orchestra requires an audition (see Auditions below).
- Registration for all ensembles is now closed for 2nd Semester.
- “Early Bird” registration for the 2021–2022 season for all ensembles will open this spring and will offer a 10% discount and ten-payment, three-payment, and full-payment options.
GRAND CHORUS AUDITIONS: Placement in the Grand Chorus (adults) is by audition only. Those who passed an audition last semester and participated the full semester do not need to re-audition; they may simply register. Auditions for 2nd Semester are closed, but you may register for an audition for next semester by submitting an audition request at the link below.
SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA AUDITIONS: Placement in the Symphony Orchestra (all ages) is by video audition only. Those who passed an audition last semester and participated the full semester do not need to re-audition, nor do they need to re-register. New applicants must request an audition. Auditions for 2nd Semester are closed, but you may register for an audition for next semester by submitting an audition request at the link below.
2nd SEMESTER CALENDAR
All dates, plans, and timelines are subject to change, but the following is MCO’s current plan:
- Weekly in-person rehearsals begin Thursday, January 14th. Video sessions will continue to be offered for those not comfortable participating in person.
- Recording session in February: TBD.
- TENTATIVE concert video filming session dates: Feb. 26–27 at The Boulders. The option to submit a home video for inclusion in the livestream concert broadcast will only be available to MCOA (remote) participants. MCOA participants constitute those persons who live a considerable distance from one of MCO’s locales.
- SPRING BREAK through March and early April.
- Livestream EASTER Concert Broadcast the weekend before Easter (March 27–28).
- Rehearsals resume in late April/early May in preparation for a patriotic summer concert. These will be in-person Thursday rehearsals (in locales where that is possible) and a virtual option always available for MCOA participants and locales where in-person rehearsals are still not possible.
- COMBINED CONCERT in an outdoor arena in Utah. TENTATIVE DATES: June 17–19.
Please note that this is a revised rehearsal schedule to comply with ALA’s campus mitigation plans for COVID-19. Masks are encouraged. Those who are comfortable are welcome to attend in person. Those who are not comfortable are welcome to continue the fantastic online weekly video sessions. Each individual is responsible for his/her own decisions, and MCO respects that.
Choral ensembles rehearse weekly on Thursdays throughout each semester. Details and times are below. The Symphony Orchestra rehearses on a few select dates TBD.
Young Singers Chorus (age 4–1st grade): 3:40–4:30 pm
Children’s Chorus (2nd–5th grade): 4:20–5:30 pm
Youth Chorus (6th–8th grade): 5:20–7:00 pm
Concert Choir Women (9th–12th grade): 5:20–7:50 pm
Concert Choir Men (9th–12th grade): 6:50–7:50 pm
Grand Chorus: 6:50–9:30 pm
MCO Participant Handbook
For MCO’s general policies, expectations, tuition costs, attire costs, and all other information, please download and read the MCO Participant Handbook.
Tuition / Fees Per Semester & Attire Costs
Scholarships are available for those with legitimate financial hardships. Email email@example.com for details. Payment plans are also available and can be arranged as part of the online registration process.
For Spring 2021 semester, formal concert attire will be required for anyone who desires to participate in either of the two in-person events: the filming session and the summer patriotic concert. We will offer a new MCO t-shirt for purchase this semester and will film some of the songs in that t-shirt.
|Ensemble||Age / Grade Level||Tuition / Fees||Attire (Est. Cost)|
|Young Singers Chorus||age 4–1st grade||$115||Girls $32–38, Boys $43–54, plus $12–15 for an MCO t-shirt|
|Children’s Chorus||2nd–5th grade||$145||Girls $37–43, Boys $43–54, plus $12–15 for an MCO t-shirt|
|Youth Chorus||6th–8th grade||$175||Girls $62–77, Boys $52 (larger sizes extra), plus $12–15 for an MCO t-shirt|
|Concert Choir Women||9th–12th grade||$175||Women $65–80, plus $12–15 for an MCO t-shirtt|
|Concert Choir Men||9th–12th grade||$145||Men $107 (larger sizes extra), plus $12–15 for an MCO t-shirt|
|Grand Chorus||Age 18 and up||$50||Women $130–148, Men $107 (larger sizes extra), plus $12–15 for an MCO t-shirt|
|Symphony Orchestra||Accomplished Instrumentalists||$0||Concert black (purchase on your own), plus $12–15 for an MCO t-shirt|