Millennial® Choirs & Orchestras Across America
For those who live outside a 90-mile radius of our regular rehearsal areas in California, Arizona, Texas, Utah, and Idaho and for those wish to audit the Grand Chorus. MCO Across America (MCOA) is currently in its first season.
REGISTRATION, AUDITIONS & AUDITING
Please read the IMPORTANT INFORMATION section below prior to registering. Additional details may be found on the FAQ’s page.
To gain a better understanding of MCO, please read the About MCO section, including the Performing Ensembles and Participation Info pages. We also encourage you to visit our YouTube channel or listen to one of our six albums.
REGISTRATION: Participation in youth ensembles (ages 4–18) does not require an audition. Participation in the Grand Chorus requires an audition if you wish to participate in any performances (see Auditions below). Auditing the Grand Chorus is available if you do not wish to participate in any performances (see Auditing below).
- Registration for all choir ensembles for Part 2 of THIS semester is now closed.
- Early-bird registration for the full 2021–2022 season (both 1st & 2nd Semesters) for all youth and continuing Grand Chorus members runs through May 31. For the month of May, receive a 5% discount, included in the price shown, with 10-payment and full-payment options.
- Regular 1st semester youth choirs registration for the 2021–2022 season opens June 1 and closes the Monday following the first rehearsal of the semester. It offers full-payment and three-payment options. Late registration will incur an additional tuition cost of $20.00 per choir.
- Regular 1st semester Grand Chorus registration for the 2021–2022 season opens June 1 and closes the Monday following the first rehearsal of the semester. It offers full-payment and three-payment options. Late registration will incur an additional cost of $20.00.
AUDITIONS: Placement in the Grand Chorus (adults) is by video audition only. Auditions for Part 2 of this semester are open to prior MCO participants only; the video submission deadline is April 14. New participants may request an audition for the upcoming 2021–2022 season. Submit an audition request at the link below. Continuing participants do not need to re-audition; they may simply register. Symphony Orchestra participation is not available at this time.
AUDITING: Adults who wish to take advantage of the music education being offered but not actually be part of the ensemble may audit the Grand Chorus. They will receive access to the weekly rehearsal videos, but they will not be eligible to participate in any of the performances. No audition is required to audit; the fee is $100.
2nd SEMESTER CALENDAR — Part 2
All dates, plans, and timelines are subject to change:
- VIRTUAL (VIDEO) REHEARSALS will begin on April 29 in preparation for the June patriotic concert. There will be six weekly, pre-recorded video rehearsals for each ensemble, emailed on Thursdays.
- CONCERT: All of MCO will combine for an in-person, outdoor concert with evening performances on June 18 & 19 in the outdoor arena at the Spanish Fork Fairgrounds in Utah. The concert is open to all participants (including MCOA) who sign up by the deadline. Information about signing up is coming soon. Participants are responsible for their own travel and accommodations and must be in Utah County by Friday morning for a concert rehearsal, then available all day Friday and Saturday. There will not be a video participation option. MCO’s approved formal concert attire is required if you are planning to come to the in-person patriotic concert in June.
2021–2022 SEASON CALENDAR
Assuming COVID-19 restrictions continue to be lifted, MCO plans to return to in-person rehearsals and concerts in the 2021–2022 season. We will continue to offer pre-recorded video rehearsals for MCOA if there is sufficient interest, as indicated by the number of people registered to participate. MCOA participants will be invited to travel, at their own expense, to participate in these concerts (one locale only, whichever works best for them). There will not be a video submission participation option.
Tentative mandatory run-through and concert dates (subject to change):
- Wed.–Sat., Dec. 1–4, 2021 — Mesa, AZ
- Mon., Dec. 6, 2021 – SLC, UT
- Sat., Dec. 11, 2021 — Boise, ID
- Mon., Dec. 13 — Dallas, TX
- TBD — California
- Wed.–Sat., Apr. 20–23, 2022 — Mesa, AZ
- Fri.–Sat., May 6–7, 2022 – SLC, UT
- TBD — California, Texas & Idaho
Summer 2022: Youth Tour (more details to come)
MCO Participant Handbook
For MCO’s general policies, expectations, tuition costs, attire costs, and all other information, please download and read the MCO Participant Handbook.
Tuition / Fees Per Semester & Attire Costs
Scholarships are available for those with legitimate financial hardships. Email email@example.com for details. Payment plans are also available and can be arranged as part of the online registration process.
MCOA participants: Concert attire is only required if you are planning to participate in in-person performances. MCO may offer a new T-shirt for the 2021–2022 season. T-shirt ordering is now closed for the current season.
|Ensemble||Age / Grade Level||Tuition / Fees||Attire (Est. Cost)|
|Young Singers Chorus||age 4–1st grade||$125||Girls $32–38, Boys $43–54, plus $12–15 for an MCO T-shirt|
|Children’s Chorus||2nd–5th grade||$155||Girls $37–43, Boys $43–54, plus $12–15 for an MCO t-shirt|
|Youth Chorus||6th–8th grade||$185||Girls $62–77, Boys $52 (larger sizes extra), plus $12–15 for an MCO t-shirt|
|Concert Choir Women||9th–12th grade||$185||Women $65–80, plus $12–15 for an MCO t-shirt|
|Concert Choir Men||9th–12th grade||$155||Men $107 (larger sizes extra), plus $12–15 for an MCO t-shirt|
|Grand Chorus||Age 18 and up||$60 (auditioned); $100 (audit)||Women $130–148, Men $107 (larger sizes extra), plus $12–15 for an MCO t-shirt|
|Symphony Orchestra||Not available|