Millennial® Choirs & Orchestras Across America
For those who live outside our regular rehearsal areas in California, Arizona, Texas, Utah, and Idaho and for those wish to audit the Grand Chorus. MCO Across America (MCOA) is currently in its first season.
REGISTRATION, AUDITIONS & AUDITING
For a summary of information about this semester, please see the IMPORTANT INFORMATION section below. More details may be found on the FAQ’s page.
To gain a better understanding of MCO, please read the About MCO section, including the Performing Ensembles and Participation Info pages. We also encourage you to visit our YouTube channel or listen to one of our six albums.
REGISTRATION: Participation in youth ensembles (ages 4–18) does not require an audition. Participation in the Grand Chorus requires an audition if you wish to participate in any performances (see Auditions below). Auditing the Grand Chorus is available if you do not wish to participate in any performances (see Auditing below).
- Registration for all ensembles is now closed for 2nd Semester.
- “Early Bird” registration for the 2021–2022 season for all ensembles will open this spring and will offer a 10% discount and ten-payment, three-payment, and full-payment options.
AUDITIONS: Placement in the Grand Chorus (adults) is by video audition only. Auditions for 2nd Semester are closed, but you may register for an audition for next semester by submitting an audition request at the link below. Symphony Orchestra participation is not available at this time.
AUDITING: Adults who wish to take advantage of the music education being offered but not actually be part of the ensemble may audit the Grand Chorus. They will receive access to the weekly rehearsal videos, but they will not be eligible to participate in any of the performances. No audition is required to audit; the fee is $100. Auditing is closed for 2nd Semester.
2nd SEMESTER CALENDAR
All dates, plans, and timelines are subject to change, but the following is MCO’s current plan:
- Weekly video sessions begin Thursday, January 14th. In-person Thursday rehearsals to resume when it is safe and reasonable in each locale (video sessions will continue to be offered for locales that cannot meet in person and for MCOA participants).
- MCOA participants will be invited to submit a video recording for inclusion in the concert video broadcast.
- SPRING BREAK through March and early April.
- Livestream EASTER Concert Broadcast the weekend before Easter (March 27–28).
- Virtual rehearsals resume in late April/early May in preparation for a patriotic summer concert.
- COMBINED CONCERT in an outdoor arena in Utah. TENTATIVE DATES: June 17–19. Remote participants are welcome to travel to and participate in the concert.
Concert attire is only required if you are planning to come to the in-person patriotic concert in June. You will be able to send in a video for the concert broadcast in either this semester’s new MCO T-shirt or white shirts as we did last semester.
MCO Participant Handbook
For MCO’s general policies, expectations, tuition costs, attire costs, and all other information, please download and read the MCO Participant Handbook.
Tuition / Fees Per Semester & Attire Costs
Scholarships are available for those with legitimate financial hardships. Email email@example.com for details. Payment plans are also available and can be arranged as part of the online registration process.
MCOA participants: Concert attire is only required if you are planning to come to the in-person patriotic concert. You will be able to send in a video for the concert broadcast in either this semester’s new MCO T-shirt or white shirts as we did last semester.
|Ensemble||Age / Grade Level||Tuition / Fees||Attire (Est. Cost)|
|Young Singers Chorus||age 4–1st grade||$115||Girls $32–38, Boys $43–54, plus $12–15 for an MCO t-shirt|
|Children’s Chorus||2nd–5th grade||$145||Girls $37–43, Boys $43–54, plus $12–15 for an MCO t-shirt|
|Youth Chorus||6th–8th grade||$175||Girls $62–77, Boys $52 (larger sizes extra), plus $12–15 for an MCO t-shirt|
|Concert Choir Women||9th–12th grade||$175||Women $65–80, plus $12–15 for an MCO t-shirt|
|Concert Choir Men||9th–12th grade||$145||Men $107 (larger sizes extra), plus $12–15 for an MCO t-shirt|
|Grand Chorus||Age 18 and up||$50 (auditioned); $100 (audit)||Women $130–148, Men $107 (larger sizes extra), plus $12–15 for an MCO t-shirt|
|Symphony Orchestra||Not available|