Planning on singing to someone this Valentines Day? Need help deciding which song will represent your “True Feelings” to that special someone? Need help from a trained ear? Someone who has your back, musically speaking? Look no further! Well just keep reading a little further, and then no further!
MCO’s Stewart brothers, Brett and Brandon, have collected for you their favorite romantic playlists for Valentines Day! Keeping multiple genres in mind, Brett and Brandon rummaged through their geniuses and found their top Classical, Broadway, Movie Soundtrack, and Pop songs for your aid and enjoyment!
(Click the word “playlist” on each video to see all of the videos in each playlist.)
Perhaps it’s by their romantic rhythms or their beautiful lines, but composers have always held the iconic power to attract the yearning heart with beautifully written music. They may be from the romantic period, or just plain romantic, period! Check out Brett and Brandon’s favorite romantic songs in their Classical playlist.
1. Rachmaninoff 2nd Piano Concerto, 2nd movement (Inspiration for “All By Myself” by Eric Carmen)
2. Oh My Love’s Like a Red, Red Rose – James Mulholland
3. 5 Hebrew Love Songs – Eric Whitacre
4. Beethoven Pathetique Sonata movement 2
5. Beethoven Moonlight Sonata movement 1
6. Chopin Etude Op. 10 #3
7. Taneyev Piano Quartet, movement 2 (Inspiration for “Blue Moon” by the Righteous Brothers)
8. Widmung – Schuman-Liszt
9. Brahms Intermezzo in A Major
10. Nessun Dorma
11. O Mio Babbino Caro
12. Waltz from Sleeping Beauty Ballet Suite – Tchaikovsky
On stage for all to hear, these all-emotion bearing broadway songs take any romantic setting up a notch. Who knew some of the most romantic songs would be from the musical, ‘Jekyll & Hyde’!?
1. Maria from West Side Story
2. Somewhere – West Side Story
3. Once Upon a Dream – Jekyll & Hyde
4. In His Eyes – Jekyll and Hyde
5. Till There Was you – Music Man
6. Something Good – Sound of Music
7. 16 Going on 17 – Sound of Music
8. People Will Say We’re in Love – Oklahoma!
9. Lilly’s Eyes – The Secret Garden
10. I Could Have Danced All Night – My Fair Lady
11. All I Ask of You – Phantom of the Opera
12. A Heart Full of Love – Les Miserables
13. Someone to Watch Over Me – Crazy For You
You’re watching a movie, you begin swooning over the character’s unrealistic expectations for romance. You start to relate to the character, wondering why you couldn’t be loved like that! Chances are one of these songs is playing in the background, doing all the work. Here’s the Stewart Brother’s favorite Movie Soundtrack playlist.
1. Sabrina Theme – John Williams
2. Tara Theme – Gone With the Wind
3. Somewhere in Time – 18th Variation, Rachmaninoff Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini
4. Far and Away Theme – John Williams
5. Titanic Theme – James Horner
6. Pearl Harbor Theme – Hans Zimmer
7. The First Knight Theme “Promise Me” – Jerry Goldsmith
8. A Walk To Remember – Only Hope – Mandy Moore
9. Lady Caliph Dinner – Ennio Moriconne with Yo Yo Ma
10. The Mask of Zorro – Diego’s Goodbye
11. Enchanted – So Close & That’s How You Know
12. Australia – Nimrod theme by Elgar
13. Sense & Sensibility – Weep you No More Sad Fountains
14. Pride & Prejudice – Dawn
Our pop culture today has no shortage of romantically-themed ballads. It’s either the wandering harmony or the building climax that seems to lull your ears into a romantic trance. Check out some of these popular favorites Brett and Brandon feel are worthy of their Pop/Rock/Country playlist.
1. More Than Words – Extreme
2. I Can’t Fight This Feelin’ Anymore – REO Speedwagon
3. When I’m With You by Sheriff
4. Best I Ever Had – Vertical Horizon
5. Our Song – Taylor Swift
6. Like We Never Loved At All – Tim McGraw & Faith Hill
7. True – Ryan Cabrera
8. Say Something – A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera
9. Fix You – Coldplay
10. I Won’t Give Up – Jason Mraz
11. I’ll Be There – Jackson 5 or Mariah Carrey
12. Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman? – Bryan Adams
13. Everything I Do I Do it For You – Bryan Adams
14. You’re Still the One – Shania Twain
15. I Will Always Love You – Whitney Houston
16. Josh Groban – When You Say You Love Me
17. the Way You Look Tonight – Tony Bennett
18. the Luckiest – Ben Folds
We hope we’ve helped you. May your Valentines Day go smoother then the last one! What’s your favorite romantic song for Valentines Day? Jump onto our Facebook page and let us know!